Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Homework 3: First Objects

Blender 9mm Pistol

UPDATE: I carelessly deleted the file of the original 9mm pistol when I decided to remake it into a better version for the game. This link now points to version 2 of the pistol which includes separate components and animations. Still, it looks almost identical to the original, I simply created it using fewer vertices so that it would be less resource intensive.  It now has a trigger, but still lacks a magazine and a proper barrel. The top of the gun is now separate.

This is a model I made of a 9mm pistol. It is modeled after a Taurus 24/7. It lacks a magazine and trigger, which would have to be animated separately. In fact, I regret joining the top section of the gun to the rest of it, since it would need to move in a firing animation. Still, I am proud of this as my first object, and it should be easy enough to create an improved version from scratch, having already done it once. In our game, we plan on having separate gun parts hidden across the game world, so I will probably need to model each component separately, and then make a model of a complete working gun. If the character finds all of the parts, which is optional, she will be able to use the gun in the end boss fight, improving her chances of surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment