Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Homework 4: Teamwork

Teamwork


1. It's hard to know if I love my game because we don't have it ironed out yet. We have a general idea of the narrative concept, but different ideas about how to implement the gameplay. We need to communicate more, hopefully getting all five of us on the same page soon.

2. I'm not sure whether the team loves the project. I havent met with the others enough to know. I know everyone is excited about what our game could be, but we all seem to be concerned that we don't have any experienced artists or modelers.

3. We are communicating well, but not enough. I still haven't had the opportunity to met Ryan in person. It is partially my fault for missing a class and a meeting which I wasn't told about because the team planned it after the class I missed and forgot to tell me about it.

4. The team wants to meet regularly on Fridays because they're all available, but I can't make it every Friday. I'm going out of town this weekend and a weekend in October. I'm not sure how to handle this situation, but I proposed attending the meeting this week via video or text chat.

5. We communicate mostly through the notebook, briefly before and after class, and sometimes by e-mail. Everyone seems to be respectful and good listeners. I like and respect my team members.

6. We must remember to keep the essential elements of our game: exploration, platforming, puzzles, and a mysterious atmosphere. Also, we must remember that story is important because it is our strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment